Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Distance Bridged


 
It wasn't romance, it wasn't love, it wasn't even platonic friendship,
I thought we were on solid ground- you in the sanctum sanctorum that I worship.
I could dance and chant, pay my homage to you, that you'd silently accept,
An asymmetric relation, you couldn't reach out, bless me with your eyes except. 

That moment of 'darshan' would be brief but potent,
For a minute, I could sense, my words were not impotent,
My prayer was being heard, my heart beating to your drum,
It was the bit I felt seen - your beneficence washing off my scum. 
 
You were as calm as ever, always firm, centered and strong,
But in that second, something snapped, you couldn't resist me any long, 
Forgetting about the millions, that are destined to come and go,
For that moment I got your eyes - the only one to do so!
 
You may write me off as a one-off, and you may count me as naive and simpleton,
But in your heavenly abode you seemed so far, so I've cunningly put you on a pedestal.
 
 

No comments: