Saturday, January 23, 2021

The Departed

I know you'll die earlier, she said with tenderness, 
Its not fair I'm younger, and would miss your warm caress.
Puzzled by my lifestyle, worried about my health, she had every reason to crib,
From now onward, I'll take care of myself, I would lie through my teeth and be glib.

Chronic diseases are not my fault, triggered by situations, and partly by genes,
Lets make use of the little time that's left, and paint together bright and vivid scenes. 
We have loads of memories of happy times, and loads we can create anew, 
I wont mind if it is the very last one, but lets not stop creating chapters new.

I'm not afraid of death, she calmly said,  as long as the dying person is me,
But to see of myself as a widowed person, how can I allow that to be?
Once you are gone, I'll be robbed of all, to smile would be a crime,
Without you by my side, the societal restrictions, wont really matter a dime!
 
I know I've left you hanging and departed a bit prematurely,
The saving grace - you are being so strong and acting so maturely.

No comments: