Thursday, January 28, 2021

Acting Sane

Not feeling alive or well, I've got to make a confession,
This is beyond a sad mood, I'm slowly slipping into depression.
What earlier used to charm, has turned meaningless and pale,
A dreadful feeling hounds me, even before starting I know I'll fail.
 
Nothing seems beyond reach, the stars are up for plucking,
My thoughts have no limits to them, they keep popping and coming,
In this manic state I'm charged with, I'm all geared to move and act,
The world is vivid and my oyster, I need no luck or charm or tact.

Having got rid of the extremes, I'm now somewhat numbed,
My energy doesn't fluctuate or sag, my thoughts haven't jumped.
In this normal state of remission, I can finally savor life,
And carve for me a humdrum existence, sans excitement, sans strife!

Do I have to lead a normal life, can't I let my hair down, be insane?
I care about you my darling a lot, so for your sake I'll end up acting sane.

No comments: