Sunday, January 24, 2021

A Tech Free Day

Dad, lets have a laptop free day,
Let me buy one of your workdays, if I may?
Nowadays you are always hunched on your desk,
Those memories are fading- when we played with zest.
 
Mom, lets have a mobile free day,
You don't need to learn recipes, your cooking's good, I say,
Scrolling though the news-feed, or engaged in a call,
The mother who used to learn with me, I barely recall.

Brother, lets have a tab free day,
You don't need to be distracted, we can instead play,
Lets play- no video games, we have to reduce screen time,
Lets return to the pristine old times, when sans gadgets we were fine.
 
Son, I believe what you are asking for, is an internet free day,
Last time that happened was when post fighting we sulked, that doesn't repeat, let us pray.  


No comments: