Thursday, January 14, 2021

Flying High

Fly high my darling, fly high in the sky,

Soar above your ilk, for the top place vie.

Go to places only heard of, spread your wings and rise,

let my vision not limit you, transcend the ceilings of high-rise.

 

Even while you are up there, I will keep a close watch,

Encouraging you to up your game, to go up by a notch,

At times you may get lax, and drift with the breeze,

But I'll know when to pull you closer, and when to let you glide with ease.

 

They say if you love someone, you should set them free,

Now that you are out by yourself, there is danger in every pole and tree.

As you rise up others will cut you, dismember you, try to snatch,

Or lure you with their counter maneuvers, but to no one must you latch.

 

Tethered to me, you've risen to top, but now you've cut the cord,

I'm running like mad, to catch you again, as you come crashing on the road. 


No comments: