Friday, May 10, 2019

The Once Close

The Once Close


I wonder when the night falls, where went my lucky star,
I couldn't cherish when nearby, so she has gone afar.
Oh how I miss the twinkling light- and the chirpy, birdy song,
Neither dusk nor dawn is here to stay- only a night that's long.

Sometimes she likes to surface, and the day starts getting bright,
Words flow forth like water, and the rhyming just gets right.
And I forget and put behind me, the 364 no moon's night,
The heavy heart flutters, as she says- let there be light!

A demi-god, mythical and pure, she's beyond approach or reproach,
I thank my stars, for the annual 'darshan', beyond that I can't encroach.
She needs her space, I heed my time - and respect that now she'll be gone.
And I'll be back to writing poems of love- hopeful and alone.

Pining for a single glance, lie I won't!
Do you know her asks Facebook, Of course I don't!





 

No comments: