Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Fermentation

Feeling overwhelmed, cuddling my bundle of joy,
Excited and eager, to start playing with my little toy,
Cautious equal parts, suddenly feeling grown-up, 
Its a sugary sweet moment that makes dream stuff.

Confused and ambivalent, as he decides to move,
Saddened by his behavior, what does he want to prove?
Dreading the empty nest, starting to already feel old,
Reining in the tears rolling down the cheek, leaving a trail of salt.

Sacrificed all my earnings, even took a loan,
Dependent on him for survival- why do I now moan?
He has a family and a new child, and is excited as well,
On the verge of dying lonely, why am I bitter as hell?

It started on a firm footing, with tender love and more,
Over time it has become crusty, and turned dark and sour.

No comments: