Tuesday, January 19, 2021

High Availability

Eager to take on the world, waiting for my chance,
I regularly check on my mate, throw periodic sideways glance. 
I'm not envious of him at all, its his time in the sun,
But slowly time will take its toll, he'll fail- I would begun.

Dreading the moment, he'll call for my help,
Some heartbeats gone missing, or he uttering a yelp.
An alarm sounded loud, that its now finally showtime,
To take on the responsibility fully - wake up from dream sublime.
 
Equanimous to the fact, that its now my turn,
He has walked a hundred miles, now let me burn,
Its an equal music, we take turns to work,  
But why he's always first, in my mind doubts lurk.    

I don't like to play second fiddle, master-slave makes me puke and die,
Ensuring redundancy is so important, so lets play active active hot standby.

No comments: