Saturday, January 16, 2021

Immunity

The germ of an idea, that I can make you smile, 
Slowly morphed into a conviction that I can make you mine,
The occasional skipping of heart beats, wasn't an everyday affair, 
Over time my heart started pining- alas, life's not fair. 
 
What was tiny in the beginning, has now grown tumorous and huge,
I've to let out the pus daily - that's my poetic refuge.
I should have nipped in the bud, but I was nonchalant at first,
Have let it rot for long, and now its ready to burst.
 
The moment we shared, has remained etched in mind,
Who was host, who parasite, doesn't matter a dime.
 I was burning; on my knees; totally in your control,
The desire to replicate that moment, has taken its toll.

Once bitten, I'm toughened, you can cause me no harm,
I've developed antibodies, I'm resistant to your charm!


No comments: