Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Guest

Eagerly waiting, at the arrival terminal,
Asking the nth time, from the airline personnel,  
What time the flight arrives- I've waited for long,
As you arrive, with your baggage, I break into a song.

Waiting with patience, for you to make a move,
You've overstayed your visit- settled in a groove.
If the moment lasts a little, the memories are sweet,
Now I'm pining for when you'll leave, to never again meet.
 
Alas, the time has come, for you to say bye,
The days have flown so fast, I will not lie,
My heart is heavy as its time for you to fly,
Living sans you will be painful, I'd rather die.

I've courted you in my dreams, lived for years with your imaginary presence, 
Buried you deep in my subconscious, so waking feels surreal, and doesn't make sense. 

No comments: