Saturday, January 9, 2021

Sisyphus


 
 
The night holds special charm for me, I can finally find the time,
To bring to closure acts of day - penning a poem seems so fine.
And on other days I manage to read, a few pages or a tome,
Soothed by this ritual, sacred and dear, the day's weariness is gone.  

The year end appeals to me so much, I can get rid of weathered skin,
Throw out the window, things that didn't work, take trash out of the bin.
And on other times I manage to go, to places far and wide,
return rejuvenated, just in time, to see the turning of the tide.
 
The death bed looks so romantic, I can afford to be just me,  
Know what matters, with whom to spend time, for the first time clearly see.
And in other lives I might just have, you standing by my side,
But for now your memories haunt and heal, now's no place to hide.
 
With each end comes a beginning, a beginning that with time kills,
I prefer those moments of brief respite, between pushing the stone up the hills. 


No comments: