Monday, February 8, 2021

The Startup Journey

I started with a vision, that haunts me still,
The time was opportune, so I went for the kill,
I'm investing so heavily, I've but all run dry,
With so many looking up, I can't even cry.

I started with a team, that I assembled with care,
Helped each other when needed, life was fun and fair.
Now extracting every ounce, that's worth its weight,
Have to keep the flock together, and avoid restructuring fate.

I started with a task, that gave me meaning and pride,
Making progress each day, working was a joyride.
Giving it all I have, I'm now exhausted to the brink,
Burnt out, not knowing, what the future will bring.

Owner, manager, employee, the startup journey is no cake walk,
You are bleeding resources by the day, and time is running by the clock. 

No comments: