Monday, February 15, 2021

My Case

Hear me out darling, give me a chance,
If not soul mates, can we be friends perchance?
Soul mates is a myth, there are few knights in shining armor,
Waiting for damsels in distress- is as illusory as a snake charmer! 

Let me be near you, make me part of your world,
Let it be platonic, I wont insist, I give you my word.
Don't push me away, or go hide in a shell,
Do you really think sans me, your life would be swell?

I respect your wishes, be a bit sensitive to mine too,
You say I scare you, that I should not follow you,
I can swear your absence, makes me sick and blue,
Believe me when I say, my love for you is true.

Without you in my life, life would undoubtedly go for a toss,
You may reject me all you want, but I'm sure, it would be equally your loss.

No comments: