Thursday, February 18, 2021

Do Not Disturb

Discretion desired, intimacy craved,
Resting in a hotel room, with eyes that are glazed.
Retreating from the world, putting a sign upfront,
Do Not Disturb is my message, about which I'm blunt.

Notifications galore, to focus is the need,
Need to stop scrolling, through the social media feed. 
Putting dark mode on, activating with one touch,
Do Not Disturb is the mode, that to me means much.
 
Irrelevant calls avoided, marketing scorned, 
Need to avoid tricksters, that can leave me conned.
Cutting off in mid-way, keeping the spam callers at bay,
Activating DND services, blocking calls will work, I pray!

They say I have an open door policy, that I am as approachable as anyone,
Can't you see I am a bit disturbed for now, do I have to put up a sign, for one?

No comments: