Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Castles

I'll hold you one day, will make you mine,
We'll live happily after - my heart does pine.
No fights, no troubles, like lions living in the lair,
I keep dreaming about it - building castles in the air.
 
We tied the knot together, and now we live in fear,
Some quake will turn it upside down- the world we hold dear.
Each quivering feels like a tremor, a hurricane each small wave,
Built makeshift on the sandy beach, this little castle can we save?
 
I've got tired of the game, and around me built a wall,
Searching for a refuge, on a mountain that's tall,
Attacking the other, locked in a meaningless fight,
Retreating to my stone castle, at the slightest slight. 

Whether of air or stone, these castles kept me jailed,
 I'm finally free now, that out of my life you bailed.


No comments: