Friday, February 12, 2021

Stressed

I'm stressed, and I know it, and that's not a good thing, 
Too busy to care for self, can't straightforwardly think.
My philosophy and aim, was to live a balanced life,
But I'm stuck with a life, in which troubles are rife.

I was earlier stressed too, but then ignorance was bliss,
I couldn't focus well, but that part I didn't quite miss.
It might have affected my health, and brought down my immunity,
But I never thought I was any different- stressed like all in the community.

Then there are those who think they are stressed, but life is going smoothly,
The only trouble a meeting with the boss, that too weekly or monthly.
Rest of the time the stress they have, is of not having high productivity,
Too much free time at their hand, stressed by life's apparent simplicity.

I love the adrenaline rush of stress, and how it raises the bar for me,
But now that I'm aware of how bad it is, I can't but it as an evil see. 
 

No comments: