Monday, February 1, 2021

Getting Motivated

Don't want to study, but am afraid that Dad will hurt,
Finally pick up the book, anxious not to bring family name to dirt.
Recognizing that studying is important, else I will surely fail, 
I'm a student who studies daily, wont drown, but sail.   

Don't want to study, unless Dad buys me that new game,
Finally pick up the book, proud that soon I'll be rich- have fame.
Recognizing that studying is important, that's the way I learn,
I'm a student who studies daily, so that I can one day earn.
 
Not all subjects need coercing, some need neither carrot nor stick,
They are naturally alluring, they don't make me puke or sick.
If I could choose what to study, and develop my skills at that,
If someone could tell me how it will help, I would get 100 % flat. 
 
They say I'm not motivated enough, to study all the time,
I say you don't know what moves me enough, and that's why I don't give a dime.

No comments: