Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Counseling Session

Flurry of meetings lined up, taking charge in some,
Conceding ground in others, feeling somewhat lonesome.
The counselor was insisting, for an appointment to book,
Not possible this Saturday, I'm too busy, pray look.
 
I brush off the fleeting thought, that I need some rest, 
Focused squarely on the fact, how I can deliver my best.
The counselor had suggested, that you can cut some slack,
And gently inquired, whether for next session I'll be back? 

When we shared that space, I felt understood and heard,
Felt different from the pack, no longer part of the herd.
The counselor requested at end, to fill a feedback form, 
Should I hurriedly give a rating, I was somewhat torn?

The best part of the session -  I could carve some time for me,
Park my issues for a moment, and just relax and be!

No comments: