Sunday, February 7, 2021

Love Variants

When you are not with me, I constantly think of you,
Giddy in your presence, I feel vulnerable, its true,
Like a craving of an addict, I long for you night and day,
But afraid of being rejected, I desist from entering the fray.

When you are not by my side, I can still rely on you,
I know you'll be there, when I feel lost and blue,
Adored and accepted, I cherish the close bond we share,
Secure in your arms, I know and trust that you care.
 
When you are not feeling cared, I step in and tend to you, 
I sacrifice my needs for yours -  my needs are but few.
Hoping to help you grow, and become the best you can,
Patiently supporting you, so you can develop as per plan.  

Romantic, attached or nurturant, you may call it what you like,
It causes my heart to miss a few beats, and witness a massive spike.

No comments: