Saturday, February 6, 2021

Never Finishing

I'm an opener, not a finisher, this has been etched on my mind,
I struggle in the middle overs, please be patient, and a little kind.
I usually start off with a flourish, but seldom I manage to end in style,
Sometimes I hit a century, but match winner is not in my profile.
 
I can make an entrance with a splash, and depart with a sheepish grin, 
I can start a song on a high note, and as the chorus starts, get lost in the din. 
Why to finish is so important, is a question I have often asked myself,
Isn't it OK to start a million threads, and leave them hanging by the shelf?

You may say that I lack discipline, you may say that I lack grit,
I am a person on whose fate, starting many things is writ.
When someone plants a seed, one hardly thinks of fruits, 
I take pleasure in that starting, and nurturing solid roots.

Isn't it enough that I take initiative, must I always be closing too?
Maybe you'll end this sonnet for me, maybe you'll say I love ___ ?

No comments: