Saturday, March 9, 2024

Romeo and Juliet

Hey you Juliet! Do you really think,
    that I, the Romeo, will hound you for life;
Buck up my friend, don't turn crimson or pink;
    for isn't it common knowledge that we cant be Man and Wife.
Fuck that Bard -I don't have to live by his art-
    I've discovered a voice of my own- after Scene Five, Fourth Part.
If my Love for you, left us dead, as in the play,
    I'll better be just friends and if I may

I'll send the Bard packing fast to his home,
    Nero wont play fiddle while it is burning Rome.
Of course I said I Love You--in Scene Four, Fifth Act
    But cant you pretend you didn't hear it---exhibit some Luck or Tact!
For I cant now ask forgiveness
    or for this fool another chance
This wont go down with the audience
    they've just seen my crazy dance

So its now up to you--to either move hand-in-glove
    or use those hands and gloves to expose my fart
to either wriggle under the weight of the play's doomed end
    or to be as free as friends...a poem from scratch start.
Of that Poem we'll ensure that it is politically correct
    there are no allusions to LOVE-either bold or indirect!
Fuck the four letter word...lets say F for Friends
        Let the Poem Begin where the Sonnet Ends.

Behold the art of ambiguity
                  the brand new 'Romeo and Juliet'
A Sonnet that can pose as a Poem
                if that's the way you would view it.

No comments: