Saturday, March 30, 2024

Preparing For Victory

Private victory precedes, the one more public,
You lose the battle within, and then you fall sick.
You lose hope first, then the world turns grim,
As the motivation recedes, winning chances become slim.

If for others in your life, you want to care,
You have to love yourself first, you have to dare,
To be vulnerable to self, to treat oneself with compassion,
If you can love yourself, loving others will be all the fashion.

If you want to be known, for your generous acts,
You need to work on your intentions, you can't be lax.
You need to fight selfish urges, before fighting injustice outside,
You can reveal yourself fully, only once you have nothing to hide.

I've worked on myself for ages, waiting for this moment to shine,
I've won so many times in my head, that I should now win - it's high time. 





No comments: