Monday, January 8, 2024

Never Too Late (dedicated to Paul Gauguin)

A successful stockbroker by 35, I often sell short,
When I'm sizing up people,  I let money do quick sort.
Relationships are an investment, an elaborate give and take,
I calculate costs and benefits, of relationships deep and fake. 

A sudden stock market collapse, leads me to embrace art,
I discover passion of romance, after she breaks my heart. 
Relationships are elegant, something I create,
I'm painting furiously, don't leave them to fate. 

A content artist at 50, I retire in Tahiti isles,
A simple and idyllic life, with only natives for miles. 
Relationships just happen, there's no drive or plan,
I welcome all like the sun, along with the burns and tan. 

You can learn to value relationships, its never too late,
Programmer, psychologist, philosopher are passe, let me as a poet create.
 



No comments: