Sunday, January 28, 2024

Too Much Freedom, Too Little Love

I don't need to shape you out of love, you'll eventually take my form, 
To put pressure to mold you in my image, on so many levels is wrong. 
I'm content being a positive exemplar, that perhaps you'll love and respect,  
To see you flower organically, without intervening, is my devils pact.

Being permissive is the name of the game, some may call it hands off,
I gave you the freedom to make your mind, and that's why now you scoff. 
Nothing is sacrosanct any more, neither god, nor nation, nor poor me,
Twitching to break free from the shackles, there are only fragments, no more we. 

In the end you'll fly to great new heights- love, money and fame, 
Untethered, uprooted, unapologetic, success you'll have to tame.
I live by my definition of success, being kind, loving and a good human being, 
That you are not me, your criteria not mine, is both liberating and freeing.

What should have been my greatest triumph, is my greatest failure,
By granting freedom too early, too soon, I've failed as a parent my dear.
 

No comments: