Saturday, January 27, 2024

Dont Leave Me Hanging

Shower me daily or pluck me now, don't leave me to whither by the wayside,  
Shape me gently with your waves, or decimate me with the power of a tide. 
Come down heavily on my poems, criticize my style, the choice of words,
Or open your heart and sing along me, the agonizing cries of the caged birds. 

Put me in a cage, or set me free, I'll know you cared, weren't insensitive rather, 
Don't stroll by pretending I don't exist, that I am someone else's concern, my brother. 
Stop and smell the roses, or trample the distractions, take a stance one way or the other,
Let the wires jut even as you feed, or let the fur-clothes make you a warm and caring mother. 
 
Take pains to avoid me or cling like a child, just don't shrug me as an irrelevant nobody, 
Hit me hard or turn the other cheek, just don't act as if I never slapped you my buddy.  
I can bear to be hated, if you can't love me, its the silent ignoring that's taking its toll, 
Fight me back when I call you a devil woman, or chasten me on calling you a living doll. 

I write sonnets for you, I paint you in black, you with equanimity have written me off,
On my antics to draw your attention again, if you cant laugh, at least, please do scoff.


No comments: