Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Mono No Aware

As the day comes to an end, I wistfully look back -
- When I chatted with you, and of time I lost track.
During the day I'm deluded, night jolts me awake,
That our relationship is budding, is superficial and fake. 

As the month comes to an end, I heave a sigh of relief,
That I've known you somewhat, no matter how brief.
'Some notes we exchanged, some paths we walked together,
I'm glad you came in my life, we became friends all-weather.'

As the year comes to an end, I feel the pain in my heart, 
I couldn't make you mine, only capture in my art.
Like all good things, this wasn't supposed to last,
There's no future 'we', just ghosts of past.

You may write me off and move on, but this too shall pass,
If I fail you in this lifetime, I'll be born again until you let me pass.

No comments: