Monday, December 25, 2023

Daily Exam

Writing consistently is hard, it should be spontaneous and fun,  
If you can make peace with the process, the battle is half won. 
The daily gruel of staring, at a mocking blank page, 
Laying yourself bare, making your nakedness a rage.

You can afford to be open and vulnerable, only once in a blue moon,
When you play with emotions day and night, you may be interned soon,
Either in a mental asylum, as a depressed poet is a probability high,  
Or in the heart of your fans and art lovers, where along the poems you snugly lie. 

It takes discipline to write daily, time is of the least concern,
What you fear is an imperfect poem, that astute readers will discern.
You write because you have to, a poet you chose to be,
The poem's an outcome of who you are, like honey from the bee.

I write for you, I write for her, I write foremost for who I am,
To be sensitive, on a daily schedule, to be true to myself- is a daily exam.

No comments: