Saturday, September 23, 2023

Kindling Hope

I've let down my parents, I've let down my friends,
I've let down this city - and so my story ends.
It's weighing on my mind, that I'm pulling them down,
From being an apple of the eyes, to just one in the town. 

I'm boxed in my hostel, I've been boxed in my pursuit,
To have fun in this city, instead of studies doesn't suit. 
I'm cut off from my family, no friends to boot,
The pain of alienation, both chronic and acute. 

Yet over the years I have, become numbed to the pain, 
My ability to self harm has grown, from a drizzle to a rain. 
Repetitive thoughts daily, are now things of the past,
I'm dying for some action, you better save me fast. 

Between the thought and the action, there lies a vast space, 
Show me the light at the end, and the darkest tunnels I'll wade.

No comments: