Saturday, September 30, 2023

From Ideas To Inaction

Be it a failure, or a rejection, when pain becomes too much,
How to escape this dismal life, I start thinking as such.
The pain can be even physical, like a chronic or terminal disease,
It could be a feeling that I am a burden, have to other people's pain ease.   

Be it a defeat or feeling entrapped, when the last sliver of hope is gone, 
I better give up and stop fighting - are the thoughts I feed to this powerless pawn.
There may be light at the end of the tunnel, I am myopic, and without glasses, 
The sweetness of life has been drained from me, what is left is dark molasses.

I can endure excruciating pain, can live for eons without hope, 
It's when they join hands to limit life, that I start searching for a rope. 
By nature impulsive and risk taking,  desensitized by friends dying left and right, 
I'm moving from ideas to action quickly, please remove all means from sight.

Just in time I remember, I'm connected with you and a purpose that is high, 
That you'll miss me when I'm gone, is reason enough, not to die.

No comments: