Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Bidding Adieu

Celebration galore, then a gaping void, 
For a moment I feel human, then back to android.  
I go through the motions, the rest of the year,
The spring returns to feet, when Bappa's B'day draws near. 

Dancing with joy, as we bring Him home,
Establishing Him in the idol, taking Him on loan,
For 10 days He's ours, enough to make us attached,
But on 11th day we part - He's in water dispatched. 

The one who comes, has to necessarily go, 
Even if He's mighty Ganesha- let it be so. 
Some Gods may be immortal, He's like you and me,
On His departure I cry like a child, and He drowns in the sea.

Some think its a religious festival, others treat it as a social event,
To me its a spiritual experience- that we are not owners, just living on rent.

No comments: