Friday, September 29, 2023

Thwarted

The sense of autonomy, that I'm an author of my life,
When taken away, cuts deep like a knife.
All I do is governed, by parents, or society's diktat,  
I feel hopeless and constrained, like a blind maze's rat. 
 
The sense of mastery,  that I can make happen stuff,
When not exercised daily, makes me feel like a bluff. 
When I can't move forward, make progress at will,
I feel helpless, give up easily, don't go for the kill. 

The sense of relatedness, that I belong to this earth,
When not reciprocated by others- can kill all mirth.
When I'm isolated and alienated, without anyone to care, 
I feel worthless like crap, and in the dark abyss stare.     

Hopeless, helpless, worthless, you can easily write me off, 
Just satisfy my Basic Psychological Needs, and see how quickly I takeoff.


No comments: