Saturday, September 30, 2023

Crime Scene Investigation

Skipping meals in the mess, sleeping all day long,
Withdrawing in the hostel room, socializing seems so wrong.  
I can't concentrate on my studies, my marks have taken a nosedive,
I'm drowning myself in alcohol, hoping to stay, afloat and alive. 

'Let me not be a burden' , ' It would be great if I could sleep and never wake', 
I start distributing dear things to friends, Wills and deeds I start to make. 
'I feel ashamed' , 'I feel guilty', ' I feel hopeless' , ' I feel trapped',
After many agonizing nights, I'm peaceful, as if all things I have neatly wrapped. 
 
One moment I am sad and crying, the next I am angry as hell,
All day I worry or dwell on past, and miss some classes as well.  
If you observed closely enough, you'll see me twitching with pain, 
But you think of me as an attention hog, so you don't look again.  

That the situation has become unbearable, I've dropped enough hints, 
If you still allow me to die by suicide, all over my body would be your fingerprints.

No comments: