Monday, March 8, 2021

Writing Dilemma

Sitting down to pen a poem, end up drawing a blank, 
The themes are repeating, and I'm getting bored, to be frank. 
What ought I write about, there's nothing exciting to share,
About topics I have realized, that nobody really cares.

How you say it is what matters, your non-verbals, your style,
How to portray that in a poem,  have patience, I'm giving it a trial.
The choice of words, the rhyme, the meter, the lyricism, 
I hope to get this right, not shroud it in mysticism.

Why you write in the first place, needs to be equally addressed, 
Another important question is, to whom are these addressed?
Writing 14 lines of rhyme, do not make a sonnet be true, 
What you need is someone worthy of love- and that are far and few.

I've kept writing for so long, never in return I got a share or like,
If I don't get a comment from you soon, I may as well go on a strike!

2 comments:

Padmini Roy said...

Natural and expressive, your creations are self-validating! Breaking the dreading silence, your writings summarize your story. They need to keep going!

sandygautam said...

Thanks Padmini for reading. Glad that you could resonate with what lies beneath the words.