Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Taking Time-Off

Everyone looks up at me, I'm the homemaker,  
I'm the default emotional support, the nanny, the caretaker. 
Once in a while I suffer, from a little cold and cough,
And when I indulge in a little self care, feel guilty for taking time-off.

Everyone looks up at me, I'm the breadwinner,
Hunched on my desk throughout the day, I'm usually late for the dinner. 
Once in a while I plan a leave, saying enough is enough,
So many projects hanging at workplace, feel guilty for taking time-off.
 
Everyone looks up at me, I'm the family's hope, 
Though only a child, I study long hours, can somehow manage to cope. 
Once in a while I like to play, with other kids in play-off,
Playing during the exams is a strict taboo, feel guilty for taking time-off.

I don't know where we are going, why all are short of time,  
It seems totally ludicrous,  that taking time for yourself feels a crime!

No comments: