Saturday, March 6, 2021

Friend Recommendation

Her name pops up, in people you may know, 
Do you know her, asks FB, I'm tempted to say no.
Sending a friend request is an option at length I consider,  
The fear of rejection makes me backtrack, and strongly reconsider.

Somewhat hesitatingly, I finally send the friend request,
Endless waiting follows- have I succeeded in my quest?
Constantly checking her profile, just to make sure,
She has accepted me in her fold, anointed me pure.

Greatly relieved to see, that she has become a friend,
Great validation, that our friendship didn't end. 
Barely a month goes, and I'm aghast to discover,
Her name's again in recommended list- its hard to recover. 

I had expected when she accepted the request, it will last at least a while,
But in a week to be back to square one is disappointing, and on her part, somewhat vile.

No comments: