Sunday, June 20, 2021

Writing Dilemma - Part II

Who are you, if you do not write?
You are a poet or not, isn't it black or white?
I'm kinda, I'm sorta, I also ran,
I pen a few poems when I can.

Once in a blue moon, I get hit by the muse,
Not able to pen at will, whats the use?
I'll bare myself out, when I have something to say,
Wont a daily writing regime, instead save my day?

Hunched on my desk, struggling for words, doesn't seem right,
Not flowing from the depths, the poem will come back to bite.
I can force myself to craft a beauty, can I give it a soul? 
Weaving emotions from thin air, won't it take a toll?

I try to be scientific in my approach, creating a lot in the hope, there will be a work of art,
Inspired by humdrum events of the day, the poems will be humdrum - I don't get that part!
 

No comments: