Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Split And Cracked

A tough manager, by daytime, a sensitive poet by night, 
You may say my personality is split, but to me it seems alright. 
The dreams that haunt my nights, are executed and worked in day,
That I fulfill both roles well and fair, is something I daily pray.
 
There was a time, I used to run fast, now I prefer to dancing slow,
It may seem like I've given up, but I'm still not aiming low!
Success, money, fame and status, are things of past, now all beneath me, 
Being content and doing right, is all that matters, in the end, you see. 
 
Delivering impact, in daytime, applying balm, at night, 
I'm miles away from being burnt out - and yet I'm burning bright.
Whatever little, gets drained in a day, I regain, as dusk sets in,
Reinvigorated and recharged, re-humanized from within. 
 
My poems are not an outlet, to let out some steam,  
Through the cracks the moonlight enters, so that during the day I beam.
 


No comments: