Monday, September 18, 2023

Preface

Challenged by BookLeaf Publishing, to write for 21 days straight, 
I wrote on what was bothering me most - students and their fate. 
That some were saying silent goodbyes, without leaving a note,  
I had to give them a voice it seemed - so I passionately wrote.
 
I wrote about the dark underbelly,  seeking light where there was none, 
Most people shunned the heavier poems- and preferred instead the trivial one.  
At one time even I started thinking, that I'm obsessed with suicide, 
Then someone challenged, me to raise hope, so a different track I tried. 

That words I write can change the mood, spur people to act now,
Was transformative as I started to weave- poems of hope - and how!
The poem I pinned my hopes on, didn't really take off, didn't fly,  
I might have failed, but to stop now- there are Zero Reasons Why.

When I started to write, my mission was clear, to showcase my brilliance, my inimitable style, 
Now all I care is that at least a life is saved, so I can pause my outpourings, rest for a while.

No comments: