Monday, September 4, 2023

The Beauty and The Beast

Smile so vibrant, like a 1000 watt bulb,
I'm momentarily blinded, turn into the monster Hulk.
Green with envy, that she chose hymn over me,  
Yet instantly calmed, when I hear the lullaby.

Eyes so sparkling, diamonds lose their sheen,
Piercing through me, what she's seeing I'm keen, 
Will she look at the beast, I become when she's gone,
Or will she be the compassionate monk, and see my beauty alone.  

Face so vivacious, its like a kaleidoscope, 
With her mercurial expressions, I can hardly cope. 
She rubs me accidentally, releases the Djinn from the lamp, 
Her only wish to be left alone, my eyes become damp. 

After years of suppression, today I am again bursting with rage,
Seeing your photo on the web, soothed this beast back into the cage.

No comments: