Thursday, September 7, 2023

Upcoming 25th Year Reunion

Not all were dear friends, some were just incidental batch-mates,
And then there was that lonesome crush - with whom I never went for dates. 
The hostel and the department, were much more close knit, 
While the dep was divided by marks and grades, by wings the hostel was split. 
 
One part of me is quite excited, old memories and old friends, 
Another part is quite anxious, how I stack against those, who earn in lakhs of tens.
While branches separated earlier, now it would be wealth and lifestyle,
While some like me will board a train, others will fly business, and book a seat aisle.   

One part of me can't bear to wait, to once more hear foul words,
Another part dreads when they'll find out- I still write poems- about caged birds. 
A poet struggling in college times, a poet struggling now, 
I'm still the same old, same old dud, though they may have changed and how!

I'm sure when we meet, most of the talk, will be who we are and what we have done,  
That I've lived life on my terms and am happy - is a claim I can make - that is second to none. 

No comments: