Sunday, September 17, 2023

Birthday Celebrations

Ganesha is a dear friend, so I wish Him on his B'day, rest of the year I have amnesia,
When I talk to Him, I'm praying, when He talks back, you think, I have schizophrenia.
Just like old friends, seldom need to talk, yet when they connect, all hell breaks loose, 
All year long, we may be busy in our lives, but Ganeshotsav is where, I let my hair loose.

More than a week full of revelry, bonding with dear friends, 
Sports day and cultural nights, I get emotional when it ends. 
Daily snacks and prasadam, not good for my diabetic health,
I won't trade this for anything, neither prosperity nor wealth. 

Fashion shows in Ganpati, Home minister and Tambola too, 
Bhajan Sandhya next to Bollywood night- most cheer, some boo!
With time tradition needs to keep pace, I can only talk, in a language I know, 
As long as He replies, to me now and then, my love for Him, will continue to grow. 
 
To top it all, the last day procession, is peaceful even, where there's Hinduphobia, 
Lets chant together, that He returns early next year- our beloved Ganpati, Bappa Moraya. 
 

No comments: