Monday, April 3, 2023

A Zero Thought Mind

Thoughts are swirling in my mind, some say, in a day, 70 grand,
Most are useless, recurring ones- vanishing like lines on sand. 
Some are pretty nasty too, fill me with fear and dread, 
How silly, I aim for zero thoughts, when thinking wins me bread.
 
You think a lot, put your mind to rest, - easier said than done,
Just focus on your breath for a change,  your thoughts wont weigh a tonne.
Take a deep breathe in, hold to count of 4, and slowly do exhale,
The thoughts will come to a gentle halt, as the ship loses its sail.  

In case the storm of thoughts is strong, I've other tricks up my sleeve, 
Ground yourself in the present moment, till the thoughts do not leave. 
Notice 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch and feel, 
Forget the past, park your dreams- stopping thoughts is no big deal. 

If I truly wished, I can get rid of, your each and every thought,  
Sans your memories, pain or pining for- I'm as good as naught. 

No comments: