Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Why So Athletic?

Ready, steady, go, waiting for the sound of gun,
I pump myself up, getting primed for the run.
The distance is short- I've got to give all it takes,
Its a sprint that I must win, as its a game of high stakes.

As I take my mark, breathe deep, get ready to roll, 
I calm myself down, settle for a leisurely stroll, 
The distance is large- I've got to conserve for the long haul,
Its a marathon that I must finish, winning is an order tall.   

Ready, ready, ready, I've to keep changing tracks,
Swim, cycle, run, test my abilities to max,
The course is bumpy- I've got to learn all the tricks,
Its a triathlon that I must endure, as all check-boxes it ticks. 
 
Sometimes to prove to others, sometimes to myself,
I end up running in circles- hoarding trophies for the shelf.



No comments: