Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Naked and Ashamed

I wake up from my dream again, naked and ashamed, 
I've worked through most emotions, but shame is still untamed. 
What secrets am I hiding, what untold, am I afraid to say?
- I'm caught again, with my pants down, in the bright light of the day. 

Crouching under the public gaze, is a recurrent motif now, 
I feel exposed, singled out, diminished, and how!
I run from corner to the wall, hiding and staying low,
Why do I venture sans clothes, honestly, I don't know!

Is it a sign of defiance, this choosing to be nude? 
Did I forget to wear my pants, to shock the holy and the prude?
Was it a cold and deliberate act, to make me resilient and strong?
- That I could be comfy in who I am, not hide behind a mask or a thong. 

These dreams I had kept secret, in silence buried deep,
They stifled long, now losing grip- as I offer you a  peep.

No comments: