Tuesday, October 10, 2023

A Well Deserved Break

I slog all day long, work hard without respite,
Its hard to say I abhor it, or in it take delight.
What's apparent to the naked eye, I get exhausted by night,
And plunge into a restful sleep, as if its my birthright.

I slog all week long, the work takes it's toll, 
Monday's start with a sprint, by Fridays its a stroll. 
By the time the weekend limps, I am ready to crash,  
And degenerate into fun and frolic, in a manner that is brash. 

I slog all year along, New Year resolutions make me toil, 
By the time I reach Christmas, I don't just simmer, I'm ready  to boil.
The year end vacations, seem like a much needed break, 
I've deserved this by working hard, so guilt free I can take. 

Its a wrong way of thinking - lets flip and ask, have I rested enough?
To take on the world yet again, and do with vigor my most important stuff.

No comments: