Thursday, June 1, 2023

In Plain Sight

Smile, before they can see that flash of pain,  
Pen a few lines, even if they read it with disdain.
Don a mask so tight, it merges with your skin,
Take it all in your stride, just bear and grin.

Why cant I cry, just let my tears roll out?
Why in the depths of my heart, sadness has such clout?
If I close my eyes, wont the demons just disappear?
Can I face the truth, and bury happiness that I hold dear? 

Turn on the music, let the happy vibes flow,
Take recourse to the dance floor, especially if you feel low.
Fake it till you make it, bury the pain beneath, 
You managed to glimpse once, now theirs nothing below the sheath.

Hidden in plain sight, I now feel naked and seen,
You praise my attire and style, are you being intentionally mean?

No comments: