Tuesday, May 2, 2023

One Time Act

One day I'll paint a masterpiece, I'm honing my skill,
Once I know how to draw, I'll go all in for the kill.  
When time demands, and stakes are high, I'll give it all I've got,
Paint 'The last leaf' on the wall, and become a demigod.  

One day I'll sing a song so sweet, even sirens will get lured, 
Today let me just play with notes, let my voice get inured. 
Tomorrow when she pines for red, who to my heart is close,
I'll let the thorn pierce deep and fine, and sing like 'The nightingale and the rose'.

One day I''ll draw a sketch so fine, right now let me doodle and play,
Pencil, pen or sand I can use, even charcoal I may,  
But you have to see it as children do, when I reveal it don't cry or wince 
The sheep that ate the grass and left, just like in "The little prince'.
 
Genius is not a one time act,  you have to live it every day,
The results may be poetic or prosaic- you have to create come what may.




No comments: