Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Moonlighting Scum?

The day job is dry and deadening, side hustle keeps me sane,
By owning my work, I come to terms, with what's boring and inane.
I can choose to do, what and when, or whether to work at all,
Having that freedom, in a day job, is an order tall. 

I like my gig, it hones my skill, and gets me instant love,
To meet deadlines, and have impact, I move earth and heaven above. 
Is it a sin, to follow my passion, why are some hell bent? 
To treat me as a despicable scum- if it also pays my rent?
 
My hustle is a different breed, with work it doesn't conflict,  
The skills I learn, stand me in good stead, and that's the reason I picked.  
When I feel high, post working on a gig, the affect seems to spread, 
And colors the tone, of the rest of my day - and helps me win my bread.

I don't wear it on my sleeves, to my manager I don't lie, 
I don't do it for money, does it still qualify?

No comments: