Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Being a Minimalist

I can afford, but I'll buy less, a resolution I make,
Now to get, rid of the books- a hundred -give or take.
De-clutter your closet, clean your desk, intentions good and nice,
The drive to earn, to be able to waste- I'm paying a heavy price. 

I can achieve, but I'll do less, I'll focus and work deep,
Throw out the goals- big and small, only a few I'll keep.
The one Wildly Important Goal, will call the shots from now,
To have unfulfilled dreams and goals, I'll have to learn how. 

I can network, but I choose not, what I have is enough,
Shallow ties may bring you jobs, deep ties bring you love. 
Time to prune the Facebook friends, on Twittter unfollow some, 
In my desire to be happy/ fulfilled, leave others burnt / lonesome. 

I can be, a hundred things, psych-lover, programmer, philosopher,
But if I really want to declutter my life, I'll be a poet- and only for her.

No comments: