All the water in the world, can't sink my ship,
Unless I let it in, then it'll be gone in a blip.
So I toil day and night, to keep intact the hull,
With waves breaching daily, there's not a moment dull.
Even a hairline fracture, can eventually flood the room,
Lowering my guard for a moment, will lead to inevitable doom.
Imagine therefore my horror, to find a severely cracked plank,
I fill it with golden lacquer, and with beauty reach the bank.
You can't stop the waves, but like a captain you can ride,
Allow what to seep through, and how to fight the merciless tide.
If you pay heed to the voices, you'll surely drown,
When you build strong walls, you'll smile not frown.
You say to survive this world, I need to grow a thick skin,
What use are swords and knives, when I can be burst with a pin.
No comments:
Post a Comment